Chocolate Swirl Coffee Cake is one awesome dessert. This lovely coffee cake has melted chocolate swirled into the batter and a streusel topping consisting of coconut, pecans and sugar. It’s a dynamite recipe that our family loves. It’s also one of those breakfast entrees that’s great for a holiday breakfast.
Do you like chocolate? Coconut? Pecans or walnuts? How about in a delicious coffee cake? This really simple recipe is quite wonderful and so quick to prepare. You can have this oven ready in about 15 minutes or less. It’s great to serve for breakfast, brunch, or just to snack on. Serve it with a tall glass of milk or hot tea. Yum.
If you love coffeecake for breakfast on occasion, then Chocolate Swirl Coffee Cake should be in your repertoire. Plus, this recipe is so E-A-S-Y because it starts with Bisquick! It is one of those spectacular coffeecakes that’s sure to be enjoyed by all. Serve it along with bacon, eggs, potatoes and fruit for a large country-style breakfast. You and your family will be in seventh heaven. 🙂
When I first posted this recipe in August 2012, I was using an inferior iPhone 3 for a camera since that was still the very early days of food blogging for me. The pictures weren’t as clear as I would have liked, so I’ve been remaking all those first year recipes to get better pictures.
I recently I remade this coffeecake (June 2016) for a family that recently adopted a child. They loved the recipe and I have to admit, I ate more than my share of crumbs and small pieces. I still love this delightful recipe. If you’re a chocolate lover, I think you’ll agree.
Chocolate Swirl Coffee Cake is a spectacular coffee cake for holiday breakfasts.
Melted chocolate chips are swirled into the batter and the topping has pecans and coconut. Chocolate Swirl Coffee Cake is oh, so delicious.
Every bite of Chocolate Swirl Coffee Cake is so sensational, you won’t be able to get enough!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Put bisquick in a mixing bowl. Add sugar, eggs, sour cream, melted butter and milk.
Whisk all ingredients together and beat for 30 seconds.
Spray a 9×13″ glass baking dish with cooking spray. Pour batter into prepared dish.
Melt chocolate chips on stove top with 8 tbsp. unsalted butter.
Spread the chocolate over top of the batter.
Take a knife or wooden spoon and swirl the chocolate into the batter.
Place sugar, coconut, pecans and melted butter in a small mixing bowl.
Stir all the topping ingredients together thoroughly.
Sprinkle the topping ingredients evenly over top of the chocolate-swirled batter.
Bake at 350 for about 50-60 minutes or until done. Test with a toothpick for doneness. When toothpick inserted in center comes out clean then the coffee cake is done.
This is a great coffee cake to go along with morning tea.
I like to bake Chocolate Swirl Coffee Cake for company. Everyone loves it.
If you enjoy coffeecakes for breakfast or dessert, you’ll be drooling over this one from the first bite!
Here’s the recipe.
CHOCOLATE SWIRL COFFEE CAKE
(My own concoction)
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 8 tbsp. melted butter, divided use
- 4 cups buttermilk baking mix ([url href=”http://www.bettycrocker.com/products/bisquick?nicam5=vanityurl_web_bisquick” target=”_blank” title=”bisquick”]bisquick[/url])
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 12-oz. chocolate chips, melted
- ½ cup unsalted butter (8 tablespoons)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a 9×13” glass baking dish.
- Stir together coconut, nuts, 1 ½ cups sugar and 4 tbsp. melted butter; set aside.
- Melt chocolate with 8 tablespoons butter in saucepan over low heat.
- Stir until chips melt and mixture is smooth and spreadable.
- Set aside.
- Mix baking mix, ½ cup sugar, 4 tbsp. melted butter, eggs, sour cream and milk.
- Beat vigorously ½ minute.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Spoon melted chocolate over batter; with knife or wooden spoon, cut through batter several times for a marbled effect.
- Sprinkle coconut mixture evenly over top.
- Bake about 60 minutes or until cake tests done with toothpick.
- Serve warm.
Time for a taste of this fabulous Chocolate Swirl Coffee Cake.
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!