Baked Garlic Asiago Chicken is one marvelous chicken recipe! Boneless chicken breasts are coated with olive oil and minced garlic and then dredged in Italian-style bread crumbs, Italian seasoning and Asiago cheese before baking. It is just wonderful! Not only that, it’s really incredibly easy for a main dish entree, too. Add a potato or sweet potato or some other side and a salad and you’re good to go.
I found this recipe last month at Six Sisters’ Stuff and knew I wanted to make it right away. I made it pretty close to their original recipe except I had Asiago cheese on hand, not Parmesan, so that’s what I used instead. The chicken turned out moist, tender, and so very flavorful with the garlic and Italian seasoning leading the way. Asiago cheese just adds the finishing touch to this delicious recipe.
If’ you’re looking for a quick and easy chicken recipe then this recipe sure fits the bill. If you’re looking for tasty, then this recipe is what you’re looking for. If you’re looking for economical, then this chicken dish satisfies that requirement, too. You can use almost any kind of hard cheese, i.e., Parmesan, Fontina, or Asiago and get great results with each. Give Baked Garlic Asiago Chicken a try sometime. You won’t be disappointed.
Baked Garlic Asiago Chicken is a terrific main dish entree recipe.
We served this amazing chicken dish with Escalloped Tomatoes.
Baked Garlic Asiago Chicken takes only about 5 minutes to prepare.
Here’s what I did.
Stir Asiago (or parmesan) cheese, Italian style bread crumbs and Italian seasoning together on a plate.
Measure olive oil. Add a heaping teaspoon of minced garlic from a jar.
Dip raw chicken breasts into olive oil/garlic mixture.
Turn so garlic and olive oil covers both sides.
Now dredge chicken in cheese/bread crumb mixture.
Spray an 8×12″ glass baking dish with cooking spray. Place chicken pieces in prepared pan. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 for about 1 hour. Remove dish from oven. Remove foil, and add remaining asiago cheese. Heat through another 5 minutes.
Here the chicken is done. Baked Garlic Asiago Chicken is quick, easy, and fairly economical to make.
We thought this chicken dish tasted superb.
Here’s the recipe.
BAKED GARLIC ASIAGO CHICKEN
(Recipe adapted from Six Sisters’ Stuff)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 heaping teaspoon minced garlic, from a jar
- 1/4 cup dry Italian Style bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray an 8×12″ baking dish with olive oil cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir olive oil and garlic.
- On a plate, combine bread crumbs, ¼ cup shredded Asiago cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Dip each chicken breast in the olive oil/garlic mixture.
- Then dredge oil-moistened chicken in the bread crumb/cheese mixture.
- Pat crumbs into the chicken to adhere.
- Place breaded chicken pieces in baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake about 1 hour. Remove foil.
- Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup Asiago cheese over top.
- Bake an additional 5-8 minutes until cheese melts.
Baked Garlic Asiago Chicken is such a savory, tasty main dish recipe. I’m sure you’ll love this recipe.
Doesn’t this piece of Baked Garlic Asiago Chicken look marvelous? Yum.
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
[amazon_link asins=’B0015QV5S4,B00PCHQYSS,B00F39GAMK’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’cantstayoutof-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’8b1d1134-2f95-11e7-a14f-01def87c4e13′]