Grilled Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake is sensational. Pasta has always been one of my favorite things to eat. Any kind of pasta, any kind of sauce–I love it all. So when I saw this fantastic looking pasta dish on Pinterest last month I knew I needed to make it. Soon. Grilled Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake turned out utterly amazing.
I didn’t grow up eating pasta. My dad was a meat and potatoes kind of guy so we never ate pasta. I can only remember my mom making it a couple of times and that was when Dad was out of town on business trips. It wasn’t until I moved away from home after I graduated from high school that I began to cultivate my desire for pasta. But I’ve certainly made up for it over the years. My kids ate a LOT of pasta when they were growing up. I loved making casseroles and they loved eating pasta so I was always combing through recipes to find pasta dishes that they would eat.
In years past, I spent a good bit of time perusing cookbooks to find new recipes but, nowadays, I find myself more often turning to Pinterest or Google if I’m looking for something more specific. I wanted to make a couple of pasta dishes for a luncheon after church last Sunday.
I was planning on serving about 30 people so I decided to make a double batch of this recipe and the other one and felt that would be enough with salad, bread and dessert. Grilled Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake looked like a recipe I could make up that didn’t require me to be in the kitchen all day long and didn’t take all that long to bake either. But I also needed a recipe that I could make up the day beforehand and then bake it the next day. I wondered if this recipe would work. It did. Everyone raved over this dish.
One of the main things I changed was to grill the chicken instead of cooking it in the crockpot. Seasoning the chicken with Italian seasoning adds great flavor, and something I’ve done before with great success. While I made the dish the day beforehand and it turned out quite well that way, I would recommend that Grilled Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake be made and cooked on the same day so that the sauce remains creamy and cheesy and not absorb into the pasta too much.
If you’re in the mood for pasta with alfredo sauce instead of marinara and grilled chicken instead of ground beef, then you really ought to give Grilled Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake a try–like now! The panko bread crumb topping adds a nice, crunchy touch to this great casserole, and your kids and family are sure to love it. And, why not? It’s the perfect comfort food. So satisfying, so mouthwatering, so wonderful.
Grilled Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake is some kind of wonderful!
This tasty pasta dish is kid friendly and one we will make over and over!
Everyone raved over Grilled Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake when we served it last Sunday.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients. I made a double batch of this recipe so all the steps include twice the ingredients.
Sprinkle both sides of chicken very generously with Italian seasoning. Grill over high heat.
Turn chicken pieces over and grill other side until completely done. These chicken pieces were so large I actually had to cut them in strips to get them to cook all the way through.
Slice chicken down then cut in cubes. Set aside.
While chicken is grilling, make alfredo sauce. Place butter in a saucepan. Add cream.
Add parmesan cheese and continue stirring until cheese melts.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Place pasta in the bottom of a greased 9×13″ baking dish.
Once cheese melts add chicken broth and seasonings. Stir to combine and allow sauce to thicken.
Add cubed chicken.
Stir to combine.
Pour alfredo sauce over top of pasta in baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese.
Combine panko bread crumbs with remaining butter. Stir to combine and sprinkle over top of mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until bubbly.
The Italian seasoning on the chicken in addition to thyme, oregano and garlic salt in the cheese sauce provides such a savory, delightful flavor to Grilled Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake.
Here’s the recipe.
GRILLED CHICKEN ALFREDO PASTA BAKE
(Recipe adapted from Lil’Luna)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 16-oz. box [url href=”http://www.barilla.com/” target=”_blank” title=”barilla penne pasta”]Barilla[/url] penne pasta
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup half and half
- 8-oz. parmesan cheese
- 8-oz. mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. garlic salt
- ½ tsp. thyme
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ½ cup [url href=”http://swanson.campbellskitchen.com/SBOurProducts/ProductDetail?productId=11145″ target=”_blank” title=”swanson chicken broth”]Swanson[/url] chicken broth
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup [url href=”http://www.kikkomanusa.com/index.html” target=”_blank” title=”kikkomann’s panko bread crumbs”]Kikkomann’s[/url] panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. melted unsalted butter
- Season chicken breasts with Italian Seasoning.
- Grill over high heat until meat is completely cooked through.
- Cut meat in chunks and set aside.
- Bring water to boiling over high heat.
- Boil pasta until al dente – about 11 minutes.
- Set aside.
- In a large Dutch oven, melt 4 tbsp. butter over medium heat.
- Add whipping cream, half-and-half and parmesan cheese.
- Stir frequently until cheese melts.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic salt, thyme, oregano and chicken broth.
- Cook over low to medium heat until mixture thickens—about 5-10 minutes.
- Add chicken and stir to combine.
- Place cooked pasta into the bottom of a 9×13” glass baking dish that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Pour sauce with chicken over top of the penne.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top.
- Combine remaining 2 tbsp. melted butter and panko bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Bake about 15 minutes at 350°.
- If necessary, tent with foil to prevent noodles from browning too much.
- Bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
If you enjoy pasta, you’ll love this one.
Are you drooling yet?
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $49.99Was: $70.00
Price: $45.99Was: $47.99
Price: Check on Amazon