Okay, I have a super delish recipe for you today. Cheesy Taco Bake combines the best of tacos with something like a Tamale Pie, except the crust is on the bottom instead of on the top. And, instead of a cornbread crust this one is made with Bisquick and cilantro. The beef filling includes Fiesta corn, salsa, and Homemade Taco Seasoning. Cheddar cheese is melted on top and then sour cream, chopped tomatoes and even shredded lettuce or pico de gallo can be used as garnish. The flavors are wonderful and fully satisfying.
I initially planned on making this for a potluck at our church in November, but after making Baked Pizza Pasta and remaking my original Taco Bake for it, I decided not to include this recipe, too. Instead, I ended up making it for us the next day. Granted, my husband’s not a great cilantro lover, but I am! I can’t get enough of the stuff. There’s a double dose of cilantro in the Bisquick crust and also on top with the toppings. Plus, if you enjoy good homemade salsa or guacamole they’re great sides for this dish. If you need to make this gluten free, Bisquick also offers a gluten free version.
I’ve actually made Cheesy Taco Bake twice. I made it again for a potluck at our church earlier last month when we had a “make your own taco” night. I thought this would be a nice addition for those who didn’t want to make tacos but wanted plenty of taco taste. This dish was completely cleaned out–almost to the last crumb! No kidding. It was extremely well received.
If you enjoy cheesy Tex-Mex dishes, you’ll love Cheesy Taco Bake. Especially if you add lots of great toppings like fresh cilantro, diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, sour cream, more salsa or guacamole. Yes, you’ll be swooning for sure.
Cheesy Taco Bake is a wonderful Tex-Mex entree. You can serve it plain, or with salsa, sour cream, extra cheese, cilantro and diced tomatoes.
The Bisquick crust with cilantro is awesome!
Cheesy Taco Bake is really easy to make, too.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients. I made my own Homemade Taco Seasoning.
Combine Bisquick, cilantro and water. Stir until well mixed.
Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Add salsa, Fiesta corn and Taco Seasoning.
Stir to combine and heat through.
Spread beef mixture over top of Bisquick layer.
Bake at 400 about 30-35 until done.
Add cheddar cheese and bake an additional 5-10 minutes until cheese melts.
This makes about 8 large servings.
Beef, corn, salsa and lots of cheese make for one scrumptious main dish.
While we preferred to serve this with sour cream, cilantro, tomatoes and extra cheese, you can also serve this plain.
Here’s the recipe.
CHEESY TACO BAKE
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, minced
- ¾ cup water
- 2 lbs. 90% lean ground beef
- 1 pkg. [url href=”http://cantstayoutofthekitchen.com/2012/09/03/homemade-taco-seasoning/” target=”_blank”]Homemade Taco Seasoning[/url]
- 16-oz. chunky salsa
- 11-oz. can Fiesta corn or Mexicorn, drained
- 2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack-Colby Cheese blend
- Sour cream
- Toppings of your choice (sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, olives, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine Bisquick, cilantro and water and stir to combine until moistened.
- Spread into a 9×13” greased glass baking dish.
- Brown beef and drain.
- Remove from heat.
- Add taco seasoning, salsa and corn.
- Stir to combine and spread into baking dish on top of Bisquick layer.
- Bake at 400° about 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center shows the Bisquick layer is done.
- Remove from oven.
- Spread with cheese.
- Bake an additional 5-10 minutes until cheese melts.
- Serve with sour cream and any toppings of your choice.
Cheesy Taco Bake is a festive dish that’s great for any occasion.
Every bite of Cheesy Taco Bake is mouthwatering.
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon