White Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake Cookies
Teresa’s Bake Shop – Christmas Cookie Extravaganza – 2012
White Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake Cookies are something to write home about! I don’t think I can rave enough about this cookie. It is beyond marvelous! Words can’t adequately describe just how spectacular this fabulous cookie tastes. It is so much better than I expected for a first time recipe. We LOVED this cookie!
We actually found white chocolate chips after looking all over the metroplex for them. Kroger seems to be the only place that carries anything but white vanilla chips. So we used real white chocolate chips in this recipe, although I’m sure they would taste really excellent with vanilla chips as well.
Each bite of this cookie has the luscious taste of white chocolate chips, the tart taste of craisins, and then mixed with the amazing taste of cheesecake because of the cheesecake pudding and pie filling mix added to the batter. Oh, yummy! Truly these cookies are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!
I found this scrumptious recipe at Anna Doll. She has been trying to replicate the White Chocolate and Cranberry Cheesecake Cookies from Subway. I think she did a marvelous job! This cookie is so fabulous. I made only a couple of changes to Anna Doll’s recipe.
The main thing I did was increase the flour to ensure the cookies did not spread too much in the pan. When we pack up our Christmas cookies and ship them all over the country, flat cookies will crush, smash, and break apart even though we seal all of our cookies in their very own poly bag.
We loved the way White Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake Cookies turned out. I think you will too. If you want an incredibly delicious cookie to wow your family or guests this cookie will do it! Jingle bells, jingle bells! Jingle all the way…….
When I initially published this recipe in November 2012, I was baking the cookies for my Christmas Cookie Extravaganza that year. While my pictures weren’t bad there were too many Christmas decorations in the background. Yes, less really is more! Also I was still taking pictures with my iPhone 3 so the pictures weren’t as clear as I would have liked them to be.
I’ve been remaking all those first-year blog recipes again so I could reshoot the photos. I recently remade these cookies (July 2016) to give away as gifts to friends when we traveled on vacation. Yes, these cookies were finished off in short order!
White Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake Cookies are choice cookies for holiday baking.
Mine turned out nice and plump, not flat and thin.
I assure you, every mouthful was spectacular! I just wanted to keep eating them!
Because you can get the ingredients for this recipe all year round, they make great treats for tailgating parties, potlucks, family reunions or any place you want to take a delicious dessert!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Soften butter. Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt and baking soda.
Cream all ingredients together with an electric mixer.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens cookies. Add white chocolate Chips, dried cranberries and instant cheesecake pudding and pie filling mix.
White chocolate chips are so HARD to find anywhere. Every store sells vanilla chips but NOT white chocolate chips. Thankfully, we found them at Kroger.
Stir all ingredients together with a wooden spoon. Don’t use an electric mixer to add the flour or it will toughen the cookies.
Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray. Roll dough into balls and place on sprayed cookie sheets.
Bake about 12-15 minutes at 350 or until done.
White Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake Cookies are great cookies to take to Christmas parties. But this plate is for Santa and his reindeer!
Here’s a closer look at these cookies so you can see how nice and plump they are. The extra flour helped these cookies roll easier so they weren’t sticky, and helped them have the body they needed so they don’t flatten out too much on the cookie sheets.
White Chocolate and Cranberry Cheesecake Cookies are wonderfully chewy cookies.
Here’s the recipe.
WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY CHEESECAKE COOKIES
(Recipe adapted from AnnaDoll.com)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Gold Medal UNBLEACHED all purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1 3.4-oz. pkg. [url href=”http://www.kraftrecipes.com/products/list/pudding-mousse-342.aspx” target=”_blank”]Jell-O[/url] cheesecake instant pudding mix
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries ([url href=”http://www.oceanspray.com/Products/Craisins-Dried-Cranberries/Craisins-Original-Dried-Cranberries/Original-Dried-Cranberries.aspx” target=”_blank”]Craisins)[/url]
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, baking soda and salt until smooth.
- Stir in UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens cookies and cakes), pudding mix, white chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
- Stir the flour, chips, and craisins with a wooden spoon. Don’t use an electric mixer or it will toughen the cookies.
- Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Roll cookie dough into balls and place on sprayed cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until edges are nicely browned.
- Let cookies cool for 10 minutes on the cookie sheets; the heat cooks them a little more.
- Then transfer onto cooling racks.
Your family and company will love these amazing White Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake Cookies.
Why don’t you consider adding White Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake Cookies to your holiday baking list this year?