Chili’s Caribbean Salad Copycat Recipe with Honey-Lime Dressing
2013 – Gluten Free Living
I LOVE Chili’s Caribbean Salad Copycat Recipe with Honey-Lime Dressing. I had it twice last week when we were on vacation in the hills of North Carolina and Virginia! It has a bed of greens topped with craisins, diced red bell peppers, mandarin oranges, pineapple and grilled chicken. The salad is dressed in a tasty honey-lime dressing. It’s absolutely amazing!!!
Initially I chose this salad because it was on Chili’s gluten free list. After eating it twice, I decided I wanted to try making it myself. My husband will rarely eat a salad as a main dish unless it has LOTS of meat. This one has plenty of meat. It does have a few different steps but the outcome is so awesome it’s worth it!
I believe you’ll love my version of Chili’s Caribbean Salad Copycat Recipe with Honey-Lime Dressing. Give it a try sometime when you are wanting a healthy, low calorie, gluten free main dish meal. I have a plate of this salad waiting for me in the refrigerator. I think I’m going to go get it! Yes, I’m sure I hear it calling my name. 🙂
I initially published this recipe in November 2013. I followed a copycat recipe for that version. That recipe may have once been similar to Chili’s Caribbean Salad recipe. But no more! Chili’s no longer makes the recipe that way at all! I recently remade this recipe (April 2020) and served it with Corn Chicken Chile Chowder. I made a complete overhaul of the recipe and I thought it superior to my first version! I remade the salad dressing, too, to be more like Chili’s version.
I looked up the ingredients from the Chili’s website. This modified salad dressing was much lighter and the flavor was a lot better than the original copycat version I followed. Everything was so much better, in my opinion. This copycat version of Chili’s Caribbean Salad is so hearty, filling and so satisfying. I think you’ll really enjoy it….no matter what time of the year that is.
This is a marvelous one dish meal to make during the hot days of summer. Chili’s Caribbean Salad Copycat Recipe with Honey-Lime Dressing is a keeper. Enjoy.
Chili’s Caribbean Salad Copycat Recipe with Honey-Lime Dressing is really tasty with lovely Caribbean flavors from the pineapple and mandarin oranges and the delicious Honey-Lime Dressing!
This fantastic salad is a wonderful one dish meal during the summer when it’s hot and you want to keep out of the kitchen!
Chili’s Caribbean Salad Copycat Recipe with Honey-Lime Dressing will knock your socks off!
This salad was wonderful served with Corn Chicken Chile Chowder. Both were irresistibly mouthwatering.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients for the salad.
Marinate the chicken. Mix 1/4 cup mango habanero sauce with 1/4 cup water.
Pour over chicken. Place in plastic bowl or plastic bag and refrigerate for an hour or two.
After marinating chicken, place on hot grill that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.
Grilled chicken approximately 10-15 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the chicken breakfasts.
Remove chicken from grill and slice down into slices. Set aside. The actual recipe calls for four chicken breasts.
Place lettuce mix and spinach leaves in a mixing bowl and toss.
Add chopped cilantro.
Add chopped pineapple, mandarin orange segments, red bell pepper, grilled chicken. and craisins. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
I used these ingredients to make the salad dressing.
To make Honey-Lime Dressing: Measure avocado oil, sesame oil, apple cider vinegar and lime juice into a blender.
Add Dijon mustard, honey, lime zest, Icelandic yogurt and pineapple.
Blend in blender until combined.
Pour salad dressing ingredients into a dispenser or carafe.
To serve: Spread salad on plate. Add chicken and honey-lime dressing. Then enjoy!
This amazing salad was so scrumptious with Corn Chicken Chile Chowder.
Get ready for a culinary delight!
Doesn’t Chili’s Caribbean Salad Copycat Recipe with Honey-Lime Dressing look wonderful??!!! 🙂 Each mouthful is filled with wonderful tastes and textures. Yum.
Here’s the recipe.
CHILI’S CARIBBEAN SALAD COPYCAT RECIPE WITH HONEY-LIME DRESSING
(My own concoction)
- [b]PICO DE GALLO:[/b]
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced very small
- ½ cup finely minced red onion
- 2 tsp. finely minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp. finely diced, seeded jalapeno peppers
- 5-oz. half-and-half spring mix with baby spinach
- 6.5-oz. butter bliss lettuce (or use romaine or iceberg lettuce)
- ½ cup chopped red cabbage
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chunked
- ¾ cup craisins
- 14-oz. can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- ¼ cup water
- tortilla strips
- [b]HONEY-LIME SALAD DRESSING:[/b]
- ¼ cup Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- * ½ to 1 tsp. grated lime zest
- Combine all ingredients for Pico de Gallo in a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Combine ingredients for salad dressing in blender until well blended.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Mix teriyaki sauce and water.
- Place chicken in plastic bowl or plastic bag.
- Add teriyaki mixture and marinate in the refrigerator for an hour or two.
- Layer spring mix and lettuce in large serving bowl.
- Add cabbage and craisins and toss.
- Refrigerate until all ingredients are ready.
- After chicken has marinated prepare a hot grill by spraying with cooking spray.
- Remove chicken from marinade and shake off excess. If you don’t like a strong teriyaki flavor then pat the chicken breasts dry.
- Add to grill and cook 5-10 minutes per side until chicken is cooked through.
- Slice chicken down in thin strips or cubes. Set aside on serving plate to serve.
- Remove salad to four individual large serving plates.
- Place about ¼ cup mandarin orange segments and pineapple on each salad.
- Sprinkle each plate with chicken.
- Top with a spoonful or two of pico de gallo to taste.
- Drizzle with salad dressing and stir until well mixed.
- Garnish with tortilla strips.
Chili’s Caribbean Salad Copycat Recipe with Honey-Lime Dressing is a salad you will want your family to enjoy.
This Caribbean Salad is healthy, gluten-free, low calorie, and filled with wonderfully tasty ingredients.
My husband loves pineapple so this salad is a winner for him! Try this with Corn Chicken Chile Chowder and you will have a meal fit for a king!
Each mouthful of Chili’s Carribbean Salad Copycat Recipe with Honey-Lime Dressing is filled with succulent chicken, luscious pineapple and mandarin oranges. The zippy Honey-Lime Dressing pulls it all together. Aren’t you ready to make this for your family soon?