Chewy Peanut Butter Brownies are awesome. These lovely brownies have triple the peanut butter flavor. They have the perfect texture: dense just the way a brownie should be. And, they’re filled with extra crunchy peanut butter, peanuts and Reese’s peanut butter chips. They have the perfect taste: rich, decadent with just the right blend of sweet from the brown sugar and salty from the peanuts. If you love peanut butter-flavored desserts, then you’ll find Chewy Peanut Butter Brownies are the perfect brownie.
I always seem to be making a dessert for someone. 🙂 Every now and then I bake up goodies for John to pass out to folks in his office or other friends we know. This was one of those cookies we took with us on a business trip, but not before I had a few bites to sample first! The nice thing about blondies and brownies is they are usually so easy to make and even less work than cookies. Obviously, some bars and brownies are a lot more work and have many steps to follow, but this recipe isn’t one of them. This one is really quick and easy to prepare.
Actually, we took these cookies with us on a trip to Florida and gave them to some friends. They bought some property a few years back and put some historic replicas of farmsteads reminiscent of the “crackers” in Florida in the 1800s. He also shared with us the history of the phrase “Florida Cracker,” and its origins overseas. Our tour of their Heritage Museum lasted a couple of hours and was utterly delightful. Anyway, they really enjoyed the cookies and we certainly enjoyed having a chance to spend time with them.
Peanut butter always seems to bake up into a spectacular cookie-type dessert, and Chewy Peanut Butter Brownies are no exception. The nutty, crunchy taste of these brownies is incredibly rich and so, so good. For those of you who crave peanut butter, this recipe needs to go on the top of your list! Your kids will be begging you to make this recipe frequently. On the other hand, you may enjoy it so much you will be the one wanting to make it all the time. 😀
Chewy Peanut Butter Brownies are a sensational dessert your family will love.
If you’re a peanut butter lover you’ll drool over every bite of Chewy Peanut Butter Brownies.
Chewy Peanut Butter Brownies are great for tailgating parties.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Place softened butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, eggs, baking powder, salt and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
Mix with an electric mixer until creamy.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods. Add part of the peanuts and part of the peanut butter chips.
Mix with a wooden spoon to combine.
Spray a 9×13″ glass baking dish with cooking spray. Sprinkle remaining peanuts and remaining peanut butter chips over top.
Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Pour yourself a large glass of milk and enjoy…….
You’ll be drooling over every bite of these Chewy Peanut Butter Brownies.
Here’s the recipe.
CHEWY PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIES
(Recipe inspired from my Chewy Butterscotch Brownies recipe)
- 2 ½ cups [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank” title=”gold medal unbleached flour”]Gold Medal[/url] UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ¾ cups brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup extra crunchy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 11-oz. pkg. [url href=”http://www.thehersheycompany.com/brands/baking-pieces/reeses-peanut-butter-chips.aspx” target=”_blank” title=”reese’s peanut butter chips”]Reese’s[/url] peanut butter morsels, divided use
- 1 cup peanut halves, divided use
- Mix butter, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, eggs, peanut butter and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add flour, 1 cup peanut butter chips and ¾ cup peanuts.
- Stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Spray a 9×13” glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining peanut butter morsels and peanut halves on top.
- Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool before cutting into bars.
These lovely brownies are delightful treats any time of the year.
Don’t Chewy Peanut Butter Brownies look marvelous?
Chewy Peanut Butter Brownies are a terrific dessert to make for summer holidays, backyard barbecues, potlucks or grilling out with friends.