I love lemon, so Lemon Blondies were a no-brainer for me when I first saw these delicious goodies on Pinterest. Of course, having a lemon icing on top doesn’t hurt either. These lovely blondies include both lemon juice and lemon zest in the cookie section as well as the icing causing an explosion of flavor that’s just dynamite.
Last month a friend of mine asked me if I would consider making desserts for a youth fundraiser. She asked for brownies and cakes. I offered cupcakes and brownies. I ended up making the BEST Strawberry Cupcakes, Marbled Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies, and these Lemon Blondies. Debra said people kept coming back for my desserts, and while her husband’s favorite was the Marbled Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies, she also got tremendous fave reviews from these Lemon Blondies. I know why. When I sampled them they were soft and creamy, like eating a bite of heaven! No kidding. Lemon Blondies were absolutely spectacular.
If you enjoy lemon-flavored desserts, you’ve got to add this goodie to your repertoire. Seriously, everyone who tastes these bars loves them. Not only that, Lemon Blondies are really easy to make. If you have a lemon on hand, you will probably have everything else already in your pantry or refrigerator needed to make these treats. I guarantee you will be salivating from the first smell!
Lemon Blondies are a soft and creamy dessert to die for!
This dessert is very easy to make and is made with ingredients you probably already have on hand.
Every bite of Lemon Blondies is so refreshing.
I loved this sweet lemony dessert!
Here’s what I did.
Place sugar and softened unsalted butter in a mixing bowl. Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods.
Whisk ingredients or mix with a pastry blender.
In a separate bowl, place eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest and salt. Whisk ingredients to combine.
Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
Pour cookie batter into a greased 10×15″ glass baking dish.
Bake at 350 about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Your oven may cook this batter more quickly). Cool Lemon Blondies completely before adding icing.
I used these ingredients for the icing.
Mix lemon juice, lemon zest and powdered sugar with a whisk to combine.
Spread Lemon Glaze over top of cooled blondie layer.
Sprinkle with additional lemon zest if desired.
Lemon Blondies are so amazing you won’t be able to stop eating them.
Lemon Blondies make great treats for the holidays and special occasions, because they’re really beautiful in appearance.
Here’s the recipe.
(Recipe adapted from Rita’s Recipes)
- 1 ½ cups Gold Medal UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- juice from 1 lemon – about 2 tbsp.
- zest from 1 lemon – about 2 tsp.[br]
- [b]LEMON GLAZE:[/b][br]
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp. lemon juice
- additional lemon zest (I used 2 tsp. in the frosting and extra for the top)
- Mix flour, sugar, and salt.
- Add softened butter and whisk or work butter in with a pastry blender.
- Mixture will be crumbly.
- In another bowl whisk eggs, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Add to the other bowl; mix and beat well with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Pour into a 10×15” glass baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven.
- Allow blondies to cool before frosting. [br]
- Stir together.
- Spread the lemon glaze over the top of the cooled Lemon Blondies.
- Sprinkle Lemon Blondies with more lemon zest for garnish, if desired.
If you enjoy the flavor of lemon, you will rave over these blondies.
I loved the taste and texture of these blondies. They’re really soft and creamy.
Are you drooling yet?