Peach Ice Cream Cake
Peach Ice Cream Cake is heavenly. When I made up a batch of cookies last month with ice cream in them, I thought I was in heaven. So I thought, why not try those same cookies with peaches. Sensational! Then, I thought to myself, since ice cream works so well with cookies, why not see if it works in a cake? Yes, Peach Ice Cream Cake was just as delectable and ultimately so very satisfying. I chose to use the ice cream in place of the normal “oil” in the recipe. The results were stunning.
What’s not to like about peaches, cake and ice cream? All I can say is it works so well together. Granted, I was afraid the texture would be weird, but I really wanted to give it a try. The texture was not weird, it was not runny or soupy, it was perfect and it tasted incredibly well. Using ice cream in baked goods is phenomenal.
I’m going to miss my peach trees (kind of) now that we have sold that home south of the Dallas Metroplex and are moving a little farther north to a new neighborhood without fruit trees. Our new neighborhood has lots of cedar trees and live oaks, but I haven’t seen one fruit tree. There was so much land on our previous property that one of the previous owners planted six peach trees with at least three different kinds of peaches.
While I will miss not having an abundant harvest of peaches anymore, taking care of peach trees is a lot of work–more than we care to do these days. So when I want a peach dessert I’ll have to get peaches from the store instead. This year, the peaches in our area grocery stores have been mammoth-sized. No kidding, most of them are as big as or bigger than grapefruits. One peach probably yields more than a cup of fruit. That’s a lot!
If you’re looking for a delectable peach dessert and are willing to give ice cream a try as an ingredient, then I can’t recommend Peach Ice Cream Cake high enough. After sampling a smidgeon I gave this one to our pastor and his family and they raved over it (and blamed me for eating too much of it). 🙂 Seriously, this cake rocks. If you’re a risk taker, try making it with Peach, Butter Pecan, Snickerdoodle, or another favorite flavor of ice cream, too. You won’t be disappointed. Give it a try and you’ll see what I mean.
Peach Ice Cream Cake is so delectable you will want to eat more and more and more!
The icing on this cake makes this cake super sweet.
Peach Ice Cream Cake is a marvelous way to use up fresh peaches.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Place sugar in a mixing bowl. Add eggs, frozen ice cream, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and vanilla.
Cream with an electrical mixer until smooth.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods. Add walnuts and peaches.
Stir ingredients with a wooden spoon to combine.
Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan VERY generously. Make sure every part is covered well. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake at 350 for one hour 15 minutes to one hour 30 minutes or until a knife inserted all the way to the bottom of the pan comes out clean.
Cool cake completely before inverting cake onto a serving plate.
I used these ingredients for the icing. If you want a thinner icing, use milk instead of cream.
Whisk icing ingredients until you get it to the right spreading consistency.
Drizzle powdered sugar icing over cake.
Serve Peach Ice Cream Cake with additional ice cream if desired. 🙂
Peach Ice Cream Cake is a terrific cake to serve during the summer and early fall when peaches are in season.
Here’s the recipe.
PEACH ICE CREAM CAKE
(My own concoction)
- 1 ½ cups vanilla or peach ice cream, frozen
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. [url href=”http://www.mccormick.com/Spices-and-Flavors/Extracts-and-Food-Colors/Extracts/Extra-Rich-Pure-Vanilla-Extract” target=”_blank”]McCormick[/url] real vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 cups [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank”]Gold Medal[/url] UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 3 cups peaches, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp. milk or 5-6 tbsp. cream
- cinnamon, for garnish, if desired
- Beat together ice cream, sugar, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in flour, peaches, and nuts.
- Pour into greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake 1 ¼ hours to 1 ½ hours at 350° or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake completely.
- Using a rubber spatula, carefully ease the cake away from the edges of the bundt pan all the way around.
- Invert cake onto a plate.
- Whisk powdered sugar with milk or cream.
- Drizzle over cake.
- If desired, sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- Let cake icing dry about 15 minutes before cutting or wrapping cake with plastic wrap.
Every bite of Peach Ice Cream Cake will have you drooling!
Better grab a piece now. This delicious cake will go fast!