Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Éclair Dessert
All our friends swooned over this recipe for Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Éclair Dessert. I brought it for our Community Group’s Christmas dinner last December and it sure made heads spin! 🙂 But the great thing about this gorgeous dessert is that it uses only six ingredients! That’s right. SIX INGREDIENTS. Besides graham crackers (which gives the dessert that lovely éclair flavor, it includes chocolate pudding, Cool Whip, chocolate frosting and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Yum, yum, yum.
Truly, this recipe is so easy to put together that even a child can make it. And who doesn’t enjoy a six-ingredient recipe? This easy layered dessert was sampled by everyone at our Christmas party. Some took huge slabs and others only a small serving, but everyone, without fail, loved this dessert. After all, just about everyone enjoys Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Yes, please!
We had a lot of amazing food and appetizers at our Christmas party. I brought a slightly different version of my normal Scalloped Potatoes and Ham along with our favorite Homemade Rolls. No one can stay out of my dinner rolls and the potatoes were a huge hit too. But the icing on the cake was the dessert. We must have had ten or 12 different desserts, but everyone sampled the Éclair Dessert.
Do you need a quick and easy recipe for your sweetheart on Valentine’s Day? This chocolaty, peanut butter dessert will be the rage of your dinner meal. The nice thing about it, is this dessert will keep in the refrigerator for several days. So you can eat a little bit every day for a week! Yes, indeed. 🙂
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Éclair Dessert is outrageously good!
This light and refreshing dessert is always a big hit wherever I take it!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups makes this Éclair Dessert irresistible!
Every bite will have you swooning!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Pour chocolate pudding mix into a mixing bowl.
Add half-and-half or whole milk about 1/2 cup at a time and mix on low speed.
Mix on high speed about two minutes until thick. Use a splatter screen to avoid splatters.
Add Cool Whip or other non-dairy whipped topping.
Stir thoroughly to combine; set aside.
Grease a 9×13″ glass baking dish. Spread one pack of graham crackers over the surface of the dish, breaking and fitting the crackers to fill in the spaces.
Spread half of the chocolate pudding gently over top of the graham crackers. Don’t be heavy-handed or the crackers will shift out of place.
Layer another package of graham crackers over top of the chocolate pudding layer.
Spread the remaining chocolate pudding mixture over top of the second layer of graham crackers. Spread gently or crackers will shift out of place.
Spread final package of graham crackers over top of the chocolate pudding mixture.
Remove lid and foil from canned ready-to-spread frosting. Microwave about ten seconds so icing softens and becomes more spreadable.
Spread chocolate icing over the entire surface of the graham crackers. Spread carefully so graham crackers don’t shift out of place.
Unwrap Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Discard wrappers. Chop Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups into small pieces.
Sprinkle chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups evenly over top of the surface. Gently press down into the icing so topping adheres. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
This picture shows the layers of this dessert. The Graham Crackers make it taste like you’re eating Chocolate Éclairs!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Éclair Dessert is a fabulous dessert to take to potlucks or when you’re having company.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups make everything better!
My husband got the leftovers and hoarded it for about a week!
Here’s the recipe.
REESE’S PEANUT BUTTER CUP ÉCLAIR DESSERT
(My own concoction)
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Éclair Dessert
- 1 9×13" glass baking dish
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 electric mixer with splatter screen helpful
- 1 sharp knife to chop Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 table knife or icing spatula to spread icing
- 1 wooden spoon
- measuring cups
- 1 box honey graham crackers
- 6 oz. box instant chocolate pudding dry (some packages are not only 5.85-ounces)
- 3 cups half-and-half or whole milk
- 16 oz. container Cool Whip or other non-dairy whipped topping
- 16 oz. can chocolate frosting ready to spread
- 2 cups Reese's Peanut Butter Cups chopped
- Unwrap Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
- Chop enough to measure two cups after chopping; set aside.
- Spray 9×13” pan or baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Pour chocolate pudding into a large mixing bowl.
- Add one cup half-and-half and mix well on low speed of electric mixer.
- Continue adding cream in ½ cup measures, mixing well after each addition continuing on low speed of electric mixer.
- Once all the cream has been added, adjust mixer to high speed and mix for about two minutes until mixture has thickened.
- Add Cool Whip and stir well to combine; set aside.
- Take one package of the graham crackers and spread over bottom of baking dish.
- Cover with half of the chocolate pudding mixture.
- Spread with another layer of graham crackers, followed by the remaining chocolate pudding mixture.
- Top with the last layer of graham crackers.
- Spread chocolate frosting over all.
- Chop Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and sprinkle over top of the icing.
- Gently press the chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups into the icing with your fingertips.
- Refrigerate a few hours or overnight before serving.
© Can’t Stay Out of the Kitchen
Smooth and creamy, this dessert is sure to satisfy!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Éclair Dessert uses only 6 ingredients. It’s so easy to whip up even children can handle this easy recipe!
This marvelous dessert is perfect for birthdays, special occasions, holidays and anniversaries!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Éclair Dessert pulls out all the stops! It’s so mouthwatering you won’t want to stop with just one serving!