This salad is spectacular! Along with salad greens it has sliced turkey meat (I used cubed), dried cherries, diced pears, toasted pecans, and in place of the Gorgonzola cheese I substituted Feta cheese because we like it more. The recipe also has it’s own cherry balsamic vinaigrette which is outstanding. This recipe uses cherry preserves in the base. We loved it. So did our company!
John was telling me about this delicious salad at Panera Bread last week so I wanted to give it a whirl. I was going to wing it for both salad and dressing based on his description, but then I found this copycat recipe online and decided to give it a try. It was fabulous! We loved this delicious salad and I will be making it again and again. I used leftover turkey breast meat from Thanksgiving dinner, but sliced grilled or rotisserie chicken will work just as well. I found this version online here.
If you are looking for new, fresh ways to eat salad, I invite you to try this tasty recipe. You won’t be sorry. You can even substitute bacon or go meatless if you desire and the recipe will still work wonderfully. To get a little more color in the salad you may want to use a pear with a red peel, or add diced red onion or diced red or orange peppers.
Salad greens with lots of turkey, dried apples, diced pears, toasted walnuts, and feta cheese. Yum, yum, delicious.
This picture shows the salad with the cherry vinaigrette on top.
Here’s what I did.
Place spring mix in a salad bowl. Top with a bag of romaine lettuce. Toss dried cherries onto the salad greens.
Cut pears in halves, then quarters, then core the pears. (Do not peel). Soak the pears in lemon juice to prevent discoloration. Swish the pears around in the lemon juice. Place pears on paper towels to dry. Pat pears dry with towels.
Add diced pears to salad. Place walnuts on pan and toast in 350 oven about 10 minutes. Remove toasted walnuts from oven. Add toasted walnuts to salad.
Crumble the feta cheese over top of the salad. Cut turkey in slices or cubes. Toss the turkey onto the salad.
To make the cherry vinaigrette: place the balsamic vinegar into a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Add garlic.
Add sugar. Bring mixture to a simmer until it condenses in half – about 10 – 15 minutes. Add cherry preserves. Cook one minute, remove from heat.
Stir in red wine vinegar and olive oil. Add salt and pepper.
Here’s the salad dressing.
Here’s a serving of this delicious salad.
Harvest Turkey Salad with Cherry Vinaigrette is a great copycat recipe from Panera Bread.
Here’s the recipe.
HARVEST TURKEY SALAD WITH CHERRY VINAIGRETTE
- 1 large bag spring/field mix
- ½ bag Romaine lettuce, cut in bite-size pieces
- 2 large pears, unpeeled, cored, diced
- 1 cup toasted pecans or walnuts
- 1-2 cups sliced grilled chicken or turkey breast
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 8-oz. Feta cheese (we prefer feta cheese over Gorgonzola)
- lemon juice
- Layer lettuces in large salad bowl.
- Add dried cherries.
- Core and dice pears and swish in a small bowl of lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- Add on top of other salad ingredients.
- Toast pecans or walnuts in oven or toaster oven at 350 for about 5-10 minutes.
- Add toasted nuts on top.
- Sprinkle with feta or gorgonzola cheese.
- Add grilled chicken or turkey breast, sliced or cubed.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with Cherry Vinaigrette.
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup cherry preserves
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the balsamic vinegar, sugar and garlic and bring to a simmer, stirring frequently to dissolve the sugar.
- Simmer the mixture, uncovered, until reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Add the cherry preserves and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Whisk in the red wine vinegar followed by the canola oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Serve over Harvest Turkey Salad.
Here’s a look at the finished salad. Beautiful!
You may want to try a bite of this elegant salad!
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!