Gluten Free Living – 2016
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Muffins are so wonderful. Because this recipe makes 24 muffins, you can make up a batch and then heat them up for breakfast on the go for the rest of the week! These delectable muffins start with cheesy potato crusts. After the crusts are baked, the ham, egg and cheese mixture is added. My muffins included three kinds of bell peppers and they were seasoned with thyme, parsley, salt and pepper. I thought Ham and Cheese Breakfast Muffins turned out incredibly delicious.
I based these muffins off of my Breakfast Muffins recipe. Instead of bacon as the meat, I switched it out for ham. I also increased the seasonings. These muffins are savory, hearty, filling and completely satisfying. One or two of them will have you completely filled up!
I made a batch of these breakfast muffins a few weeks ago and, because there’s only two of us (and the recipe makes 24), we served these muffins for breakfast for several days. It was so easy. They taste great heated up in the microwave. Serve with fruit and you have a delicious gluten free breakfast.
If you’re looking for a great item for a holiday or country breakfast or brunch menu, give Ham and Cheese Breakfast Muffins a go. They’re seasoned to perfection and if you like a ham and egg breakfast, these muffins are something special.
This lovely recipe is featured at All Free Casserole Recipes here.
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Muffins are so incredibly good.
These muffins are great to heat up for breakfasts on the run.
Every bite of Ham and Cheese Breakfast Muffins is so hearty and filling.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Place hash browns in a bowl. Add salt, pepper, an egg and olive oil.
Add shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
Stir to combine.
Spray 24 muffin tins with cooking spray. Divide potato mixture between the 24 tins.
Bake at 400 for about 15 minutes until potatoes are crispy.
Meanwhile, make egg mixture. Whisk eggs.
Add ham, cheese, bell peppers, seasonings and half-and-half cream.
Stir to combine.
Divide egg mixture between 24 muffin tins.
Bake at 400 an additional 15 minutes or until custard is set.
The seasonings and bell peppers add a delicious savory flavor to these muffins.
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Muffins are a scrumptious treat that’s great for holiday breakfasts.
Here’s the recipe.
HAM AND CHEESE BREAKFAST MUFFINS
(Recipe inspired from my Breakfast Muffins recipe)
- 20-oz. bag refrigerated Simply Potatoes shredded hash browns
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided use
- 16-oz. pkg. Farmland diced ham
- 9 large eggs, divided use
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup orange bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- fresh or dried parsley
- fresh or dried thyme
- ½ cup half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spray 24 muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Combine one egg with hash browns, olive oil, 1 cup cheese and half each of the salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture evenly between 24 muffin tins and press down.
- Sprinkle each with parsley.
- Bake at 400° about 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are crispy.
- Meanwhile, whisk remaining 8 eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining 1 cup cheese, remaining salt and pepper, ham, red, yellow and orange bell peppers, 1 tsp. fresh thyme, 1 tsp. fresh parsley and half-and-half.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour egg-bacon mixture evenly over each potato muffin crust.
- Sprinkle with additional salt, pepper, thyme and parsley, if desired.
- Bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
- Allow muffins to cool in muffin tins about 5 minutes before removing.
- Serve hot or lukewarm.
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Muffins are gluten free.
These muffins are quite substantial. You’ll be completely full after a couple of these.
Time to make these today!
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon