Gluten Free Living – 2016
Most of you know I have a terrible sweet tooth, but Healthy Gluten Free Strawberry Banana Muffins are just the right treat when I’m trying to watch what I eat and stave off sugar cravings. These lovely muffins use honey instead of sugar and clean-eating ingredients.
They also work better with really overripe bananas so you get the most sweetness into the recipe possible. I added strawberries and pecans and used a gluten free baking mix. You get just enough natural sweetness from the fruit and honey without spiking your blood sugar levels from using sugar or regular flour. Perfect.
Back in early March I baked several homemade gluten free muffins with different fruits so I could stock my freezer with goodies before we moved into our new home. These are my own special treats. I pack them in large plastic containers and then pull them out for a sweet snack one at a time. While these are similar to my Healthy Gluten Free Banana Blueberry Muffins and my Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins, these muffins have pecans which add a nice crunch to the texture.
If you’re looking for a dynamite way to make a healthy version of a delicious favorite, then give Healthy Gluten Free Strawberry Banana Muffins a try. If you enjoy strawberries, this healthy muffin recipe is one you should check out.
Healthy Gluten Free Strawberry Banana Muffins are terrific.
These lovely muffins are great for a holiday breakfast.
If you love strawberries and bananas, you’ll love these muffins.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Melt butter in mixing bowl. Add mashed bananas, an egg, honey, baking powder, Pink Himalayan sea salt, vanilla and half-and-half.
Whisk ingredients to combine. You don’t need to whisk too heavily. It’s okay to leave banana pieces.
Add gluten free flour, pecans and strawberries.
Stir ingredients with a wooden spoon to combine.
Grease muffin tins. Spoon muffin batter into each tin almost to the top. Sprinkle additional chopped pecans on top and press slightly into each muffin.
Bake at 425 for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and bake an additional 15-19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
These muffins are a great option if you’re trying to stay away from sugar or have gluten intolerance.
Every bite of Healthy Gluten Free Strawberry Banana Muffins will have you salivating.
This is an easy clean-eating way to satisfy sweet tooth cravings.
The texture of these muffins is wonderful.
Here’s the recipe.
HEALTHY GLUTEN FREE STRAWBERRY BANANA MUFFINS
(My own concoction)
- 2 1/2 cups Pamela’s gluten free baking and pancake mix
- 2/3 cup raw honey
- 2 tsp. aluminum free baking powder
- ½ tsp. pink Himalayan sea salt
- 3 large over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup (1 stick) Land O’ Lakes unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup half-and-half, cream or milk
- 2 cups strawberries, diced
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans, divided use
- Grease 12 extra large muffin tins with coconut oil.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Melt butter.
- Add honey, baking powder, salt, bananas, egg, vanilla and half-and-half in a large mixing bowl and mix with a whisk.
- It’s okay to leave some of the lumps from the bananas.
- Add flour, strawberries and 1 cup pecans.
- Stir gently with a wooden spoon just until combined.
- Don’t overmix the batter.
- Spoon batter evenly into each greased muffin tin.
- Sprinkle remaining pecans over top of muffins.
- Bake at 425° for 5 minutes.
- Adjust temperature to 350°.
- Continue baking an additional 15-19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool. Yield: 12 extra large muffins or about 14-16 regular sized muffins.
Healthy Gluten Free Strawberry Banana Muffins are lovely with fresh strawberries and Ham and Cheese Breakfast Muffins.
Serve these muffins with your favorite breakfast casserole for one fantastic breakfast.
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!