Gluten Free Living – 2015
Breakfast Muffins are one of the best finds of the year! Oh my goodness, this one is a superb option for Christmas breakfast or any other holiday breakfast or special occasion. I love these Breakfast Muffins because they’re a healthier, gluten free option and they’re just too cute and scrumptious as well! They contain bacon, eggs, two kinds of bell peppers, a hash brown potato crust, lots of cheese and seasonings that just make them pop. Every bite is so wonderful, you will scarf down two or three of these down in a flash.
A couple of weeks ago, I made breakfast for a houseful of girls who were staying with friends for a discipleship weekend our church was putting on. I made these for Sunday breakfast. I wanted something that could be warmed up easily so the hostess would not have tons of preparation work to do on Sunday morning while trying to get 12 girls ready to transport to church by 9 a.m.
I served these muffins along with Raspberry Lemon Streusel Muffins, but they also warmed up the leftover Sausage Gravy and Biscuits from the day before along with the leftover Pecan Cranberry Muffins. They were such a big hit. Plus, since Debra, the hostess, has Celiac Disease she was able to enjoy a gluten free breakfast.
Listen guys, these muffins are a must try! They will make a spectacular addition to your holiday menu. If you want a bacon and egg breakfast, make up a batch of Breakfast Muffins and watch them disappear.
Breakfast Muffins are so delectable.
These make a great breakfast for buffets, special occasion breakfasts, or for the holidays like Christmas or Thanksgiving.
Breakfast Muffins are so scrumptious that I could eat four or five of them at once!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients plus red and orange bell peppers and parsley.
For the hashbrown crust, mix hash brown potatoes, egg, half the salt and the pepper, olive oil and 1 cup of cheese.
Stir to combine.
Spray muffin tins with cooking spray. Press hash brown mixture evenly in 24 different muffin tins. Sprinkle each one with parsley. Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs.
To eggs, add remaining cheese, cooked bacon pieces, remaining half of the salt and pepper, red and orange bell pepper and milk or cream.
Stir to combine.
Pour egg mixture evenly into each hash brown crust. Sprinkle each egg with additional parsley, salt and pepper.
Bake at 400 an additional 10-15 minutes or until eggs are cooked thoroughly.
Serve Breakfast Muffins with your favorite sides.
I served Breakfast Muffins with Raspberry Lemon Streusel Muffins.
These muffins are so festive and beautiful. So great for the holidays.
Here’s the recipe.
(Recipe inspired from Play, Party, Pin)
- 20-oz. bag refrigerated Simply Potatoes shredded hash browns
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups Fiesta blend cheese, divided use
- 12-oz. pkg. Rath bacon, cooked and crumbled into bite-sized pieces
- 9 extra large eggs, divided use
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup orange bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup 2% milk or cream
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spray 24 muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Combine one egg with hash browns, olive oil, 1 cup cheese and half each of the salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture evenly between 24 muffin tins and press down.
- Sprinkle each with parsley.
- Bake at 400° about 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are crispy.
- Meanwhile, whisk remaining 8 eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining 1 cup cheese, remaining salt and pepper, cooked bacon, red and orange bell peppers and milk.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour egg-bacon mixture evenly over each potato muffin crust.
- Sprinkle with additional salt, pepper and parsley if desired.
- Bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
- Allow muffins to cool in muffin tins about 5 minutes before removing.
- Serve hot or lukewarm.
Add Breakfast Muffins to your next country breakfast menu.
These muffins are gluten free and a much healthier option than many.
These savory muffins make such a great breakfast. I challenge you to make up a batch immediately. Your friends and family will love them.
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!