Snickers Brownie Trifle
Snickers Brownie Trifle is such an awesome, over-the-top, outrageous dessert! No kidding. It starts with a batch of my homemade Fudge Frosted Brownies minus the frosting and the nuts and made with Hershey’s Dark Roast Cocoa. The brownie layer is topped with Snickers bars and caramel sauce, then chocolate pudding made with Eagle Brand condensed milk, ensuring even more rich and decadent flavors in the trifle. Then the chocolate pudding is topped with whipped topping. After another layer of everything, the top layer has more Snickers bars and maraschino cherries. This is one festive, elegant and delectable dessert.
Hershey’s Dark Roast Cocoa is much richer than regular cocoa almost adding a coffee-like taste, and certainly stronger than my preferred Nestle’s Tollhouse Cocoa, but it was what I could find at the store when I was shopping for this dessert over the Christmas holidays. It makes the brownies a very dark brown color and provides a depth of flavor not found in most brownies. If you are not used to tasting or working with dark roast cocoa, I recommend using a regular cocoa because it is really strong and full-flavored. We enjoyed the flavors, but not everyone will.
I was really happy with the way this recipe turned out. I made it for Christmas dinner at my sister-in-law’s house last week. John’s parents were there along with two other couples who are neighbors and close friends with my brother and sister-in-law.
We actually had Christmas dinner at one of their homes last year. All of us love to cook so Christmas dinner was a culinary sensation. Marie made several appetizers to die for. Barb made three different veggie sides, two of which I’ll be making in the near future and posting. DeEtte, my sister-in-law, made Prime Rib Roast and Crown Roast of Pork, and I made this amazing dessert and my Spinach and Fruit Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing.
All I can say when a bite of this lovely dessert hit my taste buds was, “WOW!” It was sensational. It was beyond my expectations. I try a lot of recipes and some really deliver and others, not so much. Snickers Brownie Trifle delivered marvelous taste, texture and truly was a culinary delight. My husband loves Snickers bars so this is a great dessert to make for his birthday in the future since he’s not a big “cake” guy.
I will tell you that you probably won’t be able to squeak out less than 500 calories for a small serving of this dessert! It’s very rich and also laden with calories. But if you only make it a few times a year and you have a crowd of people to help you eat it up, it’s certainly a dessert worth making.
If you’re looking for a luscious dessert to make for special occasions, Valentine’s Day, holiday dinners, birthdays or company, I highly recommend Snickers Brownie Trifle. If you aren’t used to the strong flavor of dark-roasted cocoa, then use regular cocoa when making the brownies because there is a big difference in taste. I also recommend making this with a high quality brownie (like the one I’ve included) rather than a simple box mix if you want really fantastic flavor. I made this dessert up a day before I needed it so the flavors had a chance to mingle. I assure you, if you make up a Snickers Brownie Trifle you will be salivating and drooling before it’s even finished!
Snickers Brownie Trifle is an outrageous dessert your family will love!
Every bite of Snickers Brownie Trifle will make you salivate for more!
Chocolate lovers and Snickers lovers will drool over this amazing dessert.
This decadent dessert is perfect for special occasions and holidays like Christmas or Valentine’s Day.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients to make the brownie layer. I followed the recipe for my Fudge Frosted Brownies, but I omitted the nuts and the frosting on top. I also used this Hershey’s dark roast cocoa instead of regular cocoa.
Place melted butter and dark roast cocoa in a mixing bowl.
Stir to combine.
Add eggs, sugar and UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods.
Stir ingredients with a whisk to combine.
Pour brownie mixture into a greased 10×15″ baking dish.
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Cut into 1 to 1 1/2-inch cubes.
These are the ingredients I used to make the trifle.
Mix with an electric mixer until thickened.
Add eight-ounces non-dairy whipping topping.
Stir ingredients well to combine. Set aside.
Cut brownies into small pieces.
Chop up Snickers Bars.
Carefully fit about half of the brownies into your trifle dish in a single layer. I tried to scrunch the brownies together so there wasn’t a lot of space between each one. I was actually only able to fit about a third of the brownies for each brownie layer in the trifle dish. So I had extra brownies to serve also.
Spread another 8-oz. container non-dairy whipped topping over top of the chocolate layer.
Repeat layers. Add another layer of brownies and carefully fit them together over top of the non-dairy whipped topping.
Spread with caramel sauce. I decided to use up the remainder of the jar here, but you can also reserve some for the top of the trifle, if you prefer.
Add another third of the Snickers bars, the remaining chocolate pudding and the remaining non-dairy whipped topping. Top with the remaining Snickers Bars and sprinkle over top in whatever pattern you desire. Garnish with rinsed, dried maraschino cherries with stems, if desired. (You can also drizzle some remaining caramel sauce over top, if preferred.)
I also made a couple of these desserts in individual parfait glasses.
Snickers Brownie Trifle is a sensational and elegant dessert that’s great for holiday entertaining.
Oh, baby! Prepare yourself for a sugar explosion!
Here’s the recipe.
SNICKERS BROWNIE TRIFLE
(Recipe inspired from Queen of Savings which no longer carries this post.)
- 1 recipe homemade [url href=”http://cantstayoutofthekitchen.com/2013/11/21/fudge-frosted-brownies/” target=”_blank” title=”fudge frosted brownies”]Fudge Frosted Brownies[/url] without nuts or icing
- 14.5-oz. can [url href=”http://www.eaglebrand.com/” target=”_blank” title=”eagle brand condensed milk”]Eagle Brand [/url]condensed milk
- 11.5-oz. bag [url href=”http://www.snickers.com/” target=”_blank” title=”snickers bars”]Snickers[/url] minis, chopped or quartered
- ½ cup water
- 3.9-oz. box [url href=”http://www.jello.com/” target=”_blank” title=”jello chocolate pudding”]Jello [/url]instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 -12-oz. containers Cool Whip or non-dairy whipped topping
- 14-oz. jar [url href=”http://www.hersheys.com/” target=”_blank” title=”hershey’s caramel sauce”]Hershey’s[/url] caramel topping.
- Maraschino cherries with stems, if desired
- Mix up brownies and bake in a greased 10×15” baking dish for 25 minutes at 350°.
- Cool completely.
- Cut in one-inch cubes.
- Chop or quarter Snickers bars.
- Set aside.
- Mix chocolate pudding, condensed milk and water until smooth and thick.
- Add 8-oz. non-dairy whipped topping.
- Set aside.
- To assemble the trifle: carefully fit and piece half of the brownies in trifle dish.
- Drizzle with caramel topping.
- Sprinkle with about 1/3 of the quartered Snicker’s bars.
- Spread half of the chocolate pudding mixture over top and 8 ounces of the non-dairy whipped topping.
- Repeat layer once: brownies, caramel sauce, 1/3 of the quartered Snickers bars, remaining chocolate pudding mix and remaining non-dairy whipped topping.
- Sprinkle remaining Snickers bars over top of whipped topping.
- If desired, drizzle with more caramel sauce and garnish with rinsed and dried maraschino cherries, if desired.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight before serving.
Doesn’t Snickers Brownie Trifle look amazing?
If you want to wow your company, make up a Snickers Brownie Trifle and everyone will rave and rave over it!
Snickers Brownie Trifle will satisfy any sweet tooth craving you have!