Gluten Free Living – 2015
Roasted Butternut Squash Bake is a tantalizing casserole that’s great for any holiday dinner. Oh, my goodness, this succulent and amazing butternut squash recipe is a delightful addition to any casserole collection! I love butternut squash in recipes and I’m always quick to try anything new with this favorite vegetable.
This one uses cubed butternut squash and it’s roasted in the oven with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and fresh parsley. Then after it’s baked, I stirred in a six-cheese Italian blend containing Provolone, Romano, Asiago, Parmesan, Fontina and Mozzarella cheeses. Mouthwatering is just the tip of the iceberg. This great veggie is amazing.
Roasted Butternut Squash Bake is also a healthy, low calorie and gluten free recipe that’s a great side dish for any entree. I recently made it to go along with Montreal Seasoned Steak. Then I sent a small dish of this to some friends as a side for Sloppy Joe Pasta. They loved it and asked for the recipe!
When we were visiting John’s family over the Christmas holidays, we had dinner over at John’s sister’s home. I brought along Snickers Brownie Trifle and Spinach and Fruit Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing. A couple of my sister’s neighbors also joined us for dinner and one of them brought this sumptuous dish. She told me the ingredients and what she did and I took the info down on my iPhone notes! I couldn’t wait to make this recipe when I got home. Barb actually used Parmesan cheese when she made her recipe, but I didn’t have any plain Parmesan cheese on hand when I made this, so I went with my favorite 6-cheese blend instead. It turned out perfectly.
If you’re looking for a delectable way to make butternut squash, consider this easy, simple recipe. The only difficult thing about Roasted Butternut Squash Bake is paring the peel from the butternut squash–not my favorite thing to do by a long shot. But it’s really worth it in this recipe. Roasted Butternut Squash Bake is a wonderful side dish you and your family are sure to enjoy.
Roasted Butternut Squash Bake is succulent and mouthwatering.
Roasted Butternut Squash Bake is an easy recipe to put together AFTER you peel the butternut squash!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Peel a butternut squash. This one was a whopper so I used about half of it. Dice or cube squash and place in a 9×13″ glass baking dish that’s been sprayed with olive oil cooking spray.
Sprinkle squash generously with salt and pepper. Add minced garlic and fresh parsley. Drizzle with olive oil.
Bake uncovered at 4o0 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle cheese over top.
Stir cheese into butternut squash. Return to oven and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Serve Roasted Butternut Squash as a side dish for any main dish entree.
I loved the way this casserole tasted.
Here’s the recipe.
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH BAKE
(Recipe adapted from Barb Hajko, neighbor to my sister-in-law, Safety Harbor, FL)
- 1 large butternut squash – about 3 lbs., peeled and cut into small cubes
- ¼ to ½ cup [url href=”http://www.olivarioliveoil.com/#/home/” target=”_blank” title=”olivari mediterranean olive oil”]Olivari[/url] Mediterranean olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ to 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup of 6-cheese Italian cheese blend (Fontina, Asiago, Provolone, Mozzarella, Parmesan and Romano)
- Spray a 9×13” glass baking dish with olive oil cooking spray.
- Spread diced butternut squash over surface.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and garlic.
- Drizzle olive oil over top of the veggies.
- Bake at 400° for 45 minutes (uncovered).
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle cheese over top and stir the cheese into the butternut squash to combine.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 5 minutes until cheese melts.
Roasted Butternut Squash is healthy, low calorie and gluten free.
Doesn’t Roasted Butternut Squash look marvelous?