Farmer’s Market Pasta Salad is so incredible, I can honestly say it has become one of my top pasta salad recipes. I love my Greek Pasta Salad recipe, but when I tasted this scrumptious salad last week with its wonderful homemade dressing, I thought it was amazing.
Tri-color bow-tie pasta is mixed with chicken, tomatoes, bell peppers, green onions, fresh corn kernels, zucchini, and fresh peaches, cilantro and basil. Farmer’s Market Pasta Salad is then tossed with an amazing Parmesan Vinaigrette that includes lemon zest, more basil and cilantro. It was marvelous with a capital “M.”
When I first saw a picture of this recipe on Pinterest last year, I knew I had to make up a batch of this salad sometime. It looked beautiful, but the ingredients list sounded fantastic. I admit I was intrigued by the idea of adding fresh peaches and fresh corn kernels to the salad.
When I saw fresh and nice-looking peaches at the store a couple of weeks ago I knew it was time to make up this pasta salad. I have to admit I really like the additions to the salad and the vinaigrette that Home Is Where the Boat is made from the original source. Those additions made this recipe so much better in my opinion–especially the fresh herbs and extra ingredients added to the salad dressing.
If you’re wanting a gluten free recipe, simply substitute gluten free penne or rotini pasta and enjoy one of the most delightful recipes you’ll ever taste! Be sure to use brown rice pasta and not corn pasta, though. Corn pasta is horrible in pasta salad recipes. Corn pasta makes a crunchy, chewy noodle, whereas brown rice makes a really nice pasta as a substitute for wheat pasta.
Farmer’s Market Pasta Salad is awesome and one of the BEST pasta salad recipes you will ever taste. It is great served as a main dish since it has includes chicken. If you’re looking for a great salad to serve up during hot summer days when you don’t want to heat up your kitchen, this one should top your list.
Farmer’s Market Pasta Salad would make a fabulous entree for backyard barbecues or holiday celebrations this summer. If you enjoy pasta salads, you’ve got to try this salad. If you’re like me, you’ll be drooling over the amazing, savory and sweet flavors in Farmer’s Market Pasta Salad. What more could you ask from a recipe?
Farmer’s Market Pasta Salad is one of the BEST pasta salad recipes I’ve ever eaten. With its addition of chicken, this salad can easily be served as a main dish.
Farmer’s Market Pasta Salad is so refreshing.
This delicious salad is a great option for backyard barbecues or holiday potlucks this summer.
Here’s what I did.
These are the ingredients I used for the pasta salad.
In a very large mixing or serving bowl, place sliced tomatoes, zucchini halves, fresh corn, diced green onions, red pepper strips.
Here I’ve added sliced peaches but I kept the skins on for more fiber.
Cut up chicken into bite-sized pieces. Rotisserie chicken is what I used for this recipe.
Boil tri-color bow ties only until al dente. Mine took about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold running water for about 30 seconds to stop the enzymatic process so the noodles don’t continue cooking.
Make up Parmesan Vinaigrette. These are the ingredients I used for the dressing.
Mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon zest, minced garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Now add parmesan cheese, fresh basil and fresh cilantro. Stir ingredients to combine. You can also put the ingredients in a blender to infuse all the flavors with the oil if you desire. I decided to just stir the flavors and enjoyed the texture of the cheese in the salad this way.
Add Parmesan Vinaigrette to the pasta salad. Stir to combine and allow the vinaigrette to soak into the veggies and fruit for about 10 minutes.
Now add the chicken and pasta and toss all pasta salad ingredients so that the Parmesan Vinaigrette is well-combined with everything. Refrigerate at least a few hours before serving.
The addition of peaches created such an amazing combination of flavors in this salad.
Here’s a close up so you can see the texture of Farmer’s Market Pasta Salad.
I couldn’t get enough of this salad. I kept eating and eating and eating it!
Here’s the recipe.
FARMER’S MARKET PASTA SALAD
- 2 cups halved baby heirloom tomatoes (I used 1 cup grape tomatoes and 1 cup yellow sunburst tomatoes)
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced into half moons (I only had one)
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup sliced firm, ripe fresh peaches (about 2 medium)
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions
- 12-oz. penne pasta (or use rotini or garden bow ties)
- 2 cups shredded smoked chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 1/3 cup torn fresh basil
- 1/3 cup torn fresh cilantro
- Toss together veggies and peaches with vinaigrette in a large bowl, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions, cooking the pasta al dente (1-2 minutes shorter than package directions specify) so it holds its shape when tossed with the vegetables and vinaigrette.
- Run pasta under cold running water to stop the pasta from further cooking.
- Add cooked pasta and chicken to tomato mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir together all ingredients to combine well.
- Top with freshly chopped basil and cilantro.
- Refrigerate a few hours before serving.
- Garnish each plate with additional salt, pepper, fresh cilantro and basil, as desired.
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (I used Italian 6-cheese blend: mozzarella, parmesan, Asiago, Romano, Provolone and Fontina)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon zest
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or ½ tsp. minced garlic from a jar
- 1 ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Stir all ingredients together and pour over top of salad ingredients.
- Garnish with more fresh basil and cilantro.
Take this to a potluck or family gathering and your guests will be raving over this AMAZING pasta salad.
Doesn’t Farmer’s Market Pasta Salad look wonderful? The Parmesan Vinaigrette is spectacular and infuses a nice, savory flavor into the salad.
You can easily make this salad gluten free by substituting gluten free penne or rotini pasta noodles. Either way, it’s sensational.
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
[amazon_link asins=’B00005Q5I8,B00007IT35,B01FTCX14A’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’cantstayoutof-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’25a7e8ef-2921-11e7-bcff-5f600e719369′]