Gluten Free Living – 2014
I love this awesome Almond-Crusted Chicken recipe. It’s a much healthier, clean-eating recipe then many baked chicken recipes, too. I used almond meal instead of bread crumbs to coat the chicken. Bread crumbs are made with high fructose corn syrup so I try to use them sparingly these days.
I added a 6-cheese Italian blend with Parmesan, Romano, Asiago, Fontina, Mozzarella and Provolone cheeses which is lip-smacking good. For seasonings I used thyme, lemon pepper, parsley and salt. Then to top off the chicken I added sliced almonds. Almond-Crusted Chicken rocked and it was super good over salad, too!
I’ve had this recipe mulling on my brain for the past couple of weeks. It finally dawned on me that almond meal would be a tasty, healthy replacement for bread crumbs in recipes, and I was right. It turned out so wonderfully. This recipe is really easy, too.
It takes 5 minutes to coat the chicken and then you bake it for about an hour until it’s cooked through. That’s all! While I baked only two boneless, skinless chicken breasts, the coating is enough for four.
If you’re looking for a tasty way to make chicken and you’re trying to eat healthier, gluten free recipes, this chicken dish is for you. Serve it as a main dish entree or on top of a salad. It’s great both ways. We loved the almond flavor and crunchiness in this dish. The thyme, parsley and lemon pepper add a savory delight to this tasty entree. It’s a recipe we will make often.
Almond-Crusted Chicken is amazing.
Almond-Crusted Chicken is a healthy, gluten free option. Instead of bread crumbs, this recipe uses almond meal.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Place almond meal, 6-cheese blend, parsley, lemon pepper, salt, and thyme on a plate.
Stir ingredients well to combine. Dredge chicken breasts in almond meal-cheese mixture.
Press the coating into the chicken breasts on both sides so that it adheres well.
Spray a baking dish with olive oil cooking spray. Place chicken pieces in baking dish. Sprinkle sliced almonds over top.
Bake at 350 about an hour or until chicken tests done with a meat thermometer.
Almond-Crusted Chicken is a savory and delicious main dish your family is sure to love.
Try Almond-Crusted Chicken with your favorite potato dish for a meat and potatoes dinner that’s oh, so good.
Here’s the recipe.
(My own concoction)
- 2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup Italian 6-cheese blend: provolone, Asiago, mozzarella, Romano, Fontina, and Parmesan cheeses
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- ½ tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. lemon pepper
- a few tablespoons [url href=”http://www.fishernuts.com/” target=”_blank” title=”fisher almonds”]Fisher[/url] sliced almonds
- Spray a large baking dish with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place almond meal, cheese, parsley, thyme, salt and lemon pepper on a plate.
- Stir ingredients to combine.
- Dredge meat in almond meal mixture pressing crumbs so they adhere well on both sides of the chicken.
- Place chicken pieces in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake at 350 for about 1 hour or until chicken tests done.
Doesn’t Almond-Crusted Chicken look terrific?
Almond-Crusted Chicken is also fabulous on top of a salad.
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!