Gluten Free Living – 2014
Tossed Salad with Almond-Crusted Chicken is one marvelous salad recipe. It’s a fruity, tossed salad with strawberries, pineapples and blueberries. Then I added Romano cheese, toasted pecans and Almond-Crusted Chicken. It’s served with my delicious Healthy Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing. Like I said before, this is a spectacular salad. It’s especially nice as a main dish salad.
My husband and I are trying to eat healthier, lower calorie fare these days and I concocted this recipe as a way to do just that. I love salads and after 5 1/2 years of making two or three large salads per week (most of them having some kind of fruit), he’s finally acquiesced to eating them regularly, too.
But he prefers a little meat in his salads if he’s going to eat them as a main dish, so I added Almond-Crusted Chicken, a healthy, gluten free recipe as a way of providing more protein, flavor and crunch to the recipe. So, in actuality, this recipe has both toasted pecans and almonds since there are almonds on the chicken when baking it.
We found this a very hearty and satisfying salad and one that I plan on making frequently in the coming months. While you can serve it with bread or biscuits, you really don’t need to. One plate (or less) will fill you up rather quickly.
If you’re looking for healthy recipes to usher in the New Year, then consider putting Tossed Salad with Almond-Crusted Chicken on your dinner menu frequently. It’s sure to please, and makes great leftovers to take to work for lunch as it will last a few days in the refrigerator. Salads are comfort foods for me. I think you’ll agree when you try this recipe. It’s sweet, it’s crunchy, it’s savory, it’s heavenly!
Tossed Salad with Almond-Crusted Chicken is spectacular.
Having the Almond-Crusted Chicken with the salad adds a savory, hearty flavor to the salad.
I made up a batch of Healthy Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing to go with the salad.
Here’s what I did.
Place lettuce in a large salad bowl. Toss washed and dried blueberries on top.
Add sliced pineapple and strawberries.
Add toasted pecans (so much better flavor than raw), and cheese. I used Romano because I was trying to use it up, but if you prefer Parmesan or Feta cheese, either would work well.
Make up a batch of Almond-Crusted Chicken using 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
Cut chicken down into bite-sized pieces and toss on top of the salad. Toss ingredients to serve.
Place salad ingredients on a salad plate. Drizzle with Healthy Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing.
Here’s the recipe.
TOSSED SALAD WITH ALMOND-CRUSTED CHICKEN
(My own concoction)
- 3 10-oz. bags Hearts of Romaine lettuce or Butter Bliss lettuce
- ½ of a pineapple, peeled, cored, cut in bite-sized wedges
- 16-oz. fresh strawberries, sliced
- 6-oz. fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Romano cheese, or use Parmesan or Feta cheese
- 2/3 cup toasted pecans
- 1 batch [url href=”http://cantstayoutofthekitchen.com/2014/07/02/healthy-lemon-poppy-seed-dressing/” target=”_blank” title=”healthy lemon poppy seed dressing”]Healthy Lemon Poppyseed Dressing[/url]
- 1 batch [url href=”http://cantstayoutofthekitchen.com/2014/12/29/almond-crusted-chicken/” target=”_blank” title=”almond-crusted chicken”]Almond-Crusted Chicken[/url]
- Layer lettuce, blueberries, pineapple, strawberries, cheese and pecans in salad bowl.
- Once chicken is cooked, slice down and place on top of chicken.
- Toss to serve.
- Drizzle salad dressing over top of individual servings.
Every bite of Tossed Salad with Almond-Crusted Chicken is so scrumptious.
If you enjoy salads, this healthy, low calorie, gluten free salad is a keeper!
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $61.99Was: $72.00