101 Holiday Side Dishes
101 Holiday Side Dishes
101 Holiday Side Dishes is a marvelous collection of some of the best casserole dishes you’ll ever make for your holiday dinner. Be it Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, Easter or summer holidays, there are some really great recipes here.
Follow Me On Instagram!
I’ve been working on this project for the past couple of weeks but fall has happened to Texas! Our annual downpour of leaves–to the tune of filling 150-200 55-gallon bags of leaves every year has begun–so it’s taken me awhile to get this ready to post. (I do miss seeing all the leaves on the trees, though).
I’m finally ready. I’m so glad to debut 101 Holiday Side Dishes which are many of my personal favorites, for you to peruse and look through as ideas for holiday casseroles for your own family this year. All of these are recipes from my blog, none have been contributed by other food bloggers.
Many of these are family favorites we’ve had almost every year since I was married, or even as a little girl growing up. Others I have tried occasionally over the years (but not every year). I’m not called the “Casserole Queen” by my kids for nothing! Still other side dishes are new recipes but worthy of being included as possible options.
Everyone’s always looking for new and enjoyable side dishes to make for the holidays. So I thought I would dig through my casserole archives and put together a collage of lots of great holiday side dish recipes to give you some options for your holiday menu and baking this year. 101 Holiday Side Dishes is that collation.
This list does NOT include breads, salads, or fruits. (Not that we don’t serve those items during the holidays, but they just aren’t included here). These side dishes are only hot/cooked veggie dishes of some kind or another.
I have something for everyone in this collection. Some people want lighter fare for the holidays so I have recipes here that aren’t as involved nor as calorie-laden as many of the traditional holiday casserole recipes. On the other hand, many of us splurge on that day and eat whatever we want in whatever quantities we want 🙁 so there are recipes for those of us that fit that category too! I’ve also got some non-traditional side dishes, because there are people who follow my blog from all kinds of ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, etc., with all kinds of holiday traditions. So I’ve included the whole gamut of hot side dishes.
I’ve categorized and alphabetized the dishes to make it a little easier for you to find what you’re looking for. But some of these recipes can actually be placed in multiple categories. Rather than having dual entries for the same recipe in various locations, I’ve only placed each recipe once.
As I mentioned earlier, many of these are our family favorites. I have made dozens of these casseroles for the holidays over the years because I really don’t like eating Green Bean Casserole every year! Sorry, for those of you who love Green Bean Casserole, but my palate requires lots of different kinds of foods with wide and varied seasonings.
I really dislike getting in a food rut. Ask my husband. I rarely make spaghetti more than twice a year. Not because we don’t like it, but because there are so many other kinds of recipes out there to try and eat and because I really crave the variety. I don’t have any problem trying out new recipes during the holidays or for company (which I’ve done for years), and I don’t think I’ve had a guest yet who’s been an unwilling participant as a guinea pig for my culinary experiments!
Considering all the new recipes I try, there’s really only a small percentage of recipes that are total flops and can’t be redeemed in some way if I’m willing to work with them a little bit. Regardless, none of the recipes below is a flop! All have turned out wonderfully and we keep making them!
You may want to think about including some of these great side dishes in your own holiday traditions this year. I hope you enjoy going through them. Be brave and try something totally different. I also hope you and your family enjoy the holidays and can come back and report to me you tried one of my recipes and loved it! So here are my 101 Holiday Side Dishes. Enjoy. 🙂
101 HOLIDAY SIDE DISHES
ACORN SQUASH RECIPES:
6. Spicy Baked Beans
8. Parmesan Golden Golden Beets with Carrots
11. Broccoli and Pearl Onion Casserole
13. Creamy Lima Beans and Broccoli
14. Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrots and Cheese
BUTTERNUT SQUASH RECIPES:
16. Butternut Squash and Pear Gratin
17. Butternut Squash, Sweet Potato and Peach Bake
18. Savory Butternut Squash Bake
20. Basil Carrots
21. Basil Zucchini and Carrots
22. Carrot Casserole
23. Carrot Souffle
24. Carrots in Creamy Vegan Dill Sauce
25. Carrots in Creamy Dill Sauce
26. Gluten Free Carrot Souffle
28. Baked Corn
29. Corn Casserole
30. Corn and Green Bean Casserole
32. Corn Pudding
33. Herbed Corn
37. Scalloped Corn
41. Fried Eggplant, Yellow Squash or Zucchini
GREEN BEAN RECIPES:
42. Garlicky Green Beans and Mushrooms
MIXED VEGETABLE RECIPES:
45. Cabbage Stir Fry
49. Slow Roasted Summer Vegetables
51. Baked Onions
52. Bridled Noodles
53. Creamy Avocado and Tomato Pasta
54. Creamy Avocado Pasta with Roasted Vegetables
55. Cajun Fries
56. Hash Brown Potato Casserole
57. Fried Potatoes
60. Loaded Bacon Ranch Potato Bake
61. The Best Potato Casserole (a.k.a. Mary’s Potatoes)
62. Parmesan Potatoes with Thyme
63. Parsley Potatoes
66. Skinny Stuffed Baked Potatoes
67. Spinach Artichoke Mashed Potatoes
68. White and Sweet Potato Scramble with Fresh Herbs
SPAGHETTI SQUASH RECIPES:
71. Spaghetti Squash with Salsa
SWEET POTATO RECIPES:
76. Fried Sweet Potatoes with Apples
77. Fried Sweet Potatoes with Bacon and Peaches
78. Fried Sweet Potatoes with Pineapple
79. Garlic Italian Sweet Potato Fries
80. Loaded Bacon and Cheese Sweet Potato Bake
81. Mexican Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
82. Spicy Sweet Potato Oven Fries
86. Sweet Potato Fries with Garlic Herb Sauce
87. Caramelized Onion and Tomato Tart Au Gratin
88. Caramelized Onion, Zucchini, Tomato, and Mushroom Tart
YELLOW SQUASH RECIPES:
92. Black-Eyed Pea’s Baked Squash
93. Parmesan Baked Yellow Squash
94. Squash and Carrot Casserole
95. Squash, Fennel and Potato Bake
97. Fried Zucchini
98. Italian Zucchini
99. Zucchini and Tomato Parmesan Casserole
100. Zucchini Parmesan
Baked Corn Casserole | Cooking Is My Sport
November 22, 2013 at 3:12 pm
[…] 101 Holiday Side Dishes (cantstayoutofthekitchen.com) […]
November 15, 2013 at 5:11 pm
Oh, my, my, my! Smacking my lips 🙂
November 15, 2013 at 8:08 pm
🙂 Me, too!