This is a delicious, healthy, low-calorie vegetarian dish with a wide assortment of veggies. Golden beets, broccoli, green beans, zucchini, carrots and bell pepeprs are stir-fried and seasoned with turmeric, salt, pepper and basil. Golden Beets Stir-Fry is a tasty way to get your veggies, and perhaps a new way to eat this underused veggie. If you’re not vegan you can sprinkle Romano cheese on top of the veggies as you serve them, but it isn’t necessary if you are trying to eliminate cheese from your diet. You can use different veggies if you prefer, but I recommend trying golden beets this way sometime.
I saw golden beets at Sprouts today and wanted to try them. One thing I liked about them is that they don’t bleed all over the other veggies like red beets do. Their taste is not quite as strong as red beets either. They are really healthy and delicious. I think you will really like this dish even though it is not a combination you are probably familiar with. This gluten-free and vegan dish is a great option for Meatless Mondays. I think this dish would taste wonderful with asparagus, mushrooms, and even artichokes.
If you enjoy stir-fry dishes, Golden Beets Stir-Fry will work wonderfully served over hot, cooked rice, rice pilaf, or glass noodles.
Golden Beets Stir Fry is a tasty and healthy, meatless main dish.
If you’re not vegan, you can sprinkle parmesan cheese and fresh parsley over top to serve.
Here’s what I did.
This is what a golden beet looks like. You peel it just like a carrot or potato.
Peeled and slice the beet.
Place a few tablespoonfuls of olive oil in a large skillet. Add golden beets and sauté for a few minutes. Add 1 leek, green top removed, and sliced. Add half of a bell pepper cut in strips. Normally, I would have used a red, orange, or yellow pepper for more color and flavor, but I was trying to use this one up. Add one carrot cut diagonally.
Add half of a head of broccoli florets, 1 zucchini, sliced diagonally, a couple of handfuls of whole green beans, a heaping tablespoon of minced garlic from a jar, 1/2 tsp. each of salt and pepper, 1 tbsp. parsley, 1 tsp. basil, and 1/2 tsp. tumeric.
Saute until veggies are fork tender. This tasty recipe is gluten free and vegan.
Here’s the recipe.
GOLDEN BEETS STIR FRY
My own concoction)
- 1 large golden beet, peeled and sliced
- 1 leek, green top removed, sliced
- 1/2 bell pepper, cut in strips (red, orange or yellow preferred)
- 1 carrot, sliced diagonally
- 1/2 head broccoli florets
- 1 zucchini, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup whole green beans
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced garlic from a jar
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Romano cheese, for garnish on top, if desired
- Place olive oil in a large frying pan and heat.
- Add sliced golden beet slices and sauté a few minutes.
- Add sliced leek, bell pepper, carrot slices, broccoli florets, zucchini slices, green beans, garlic and seasonings.
- Sauté 10-15 minutes over low-medium heat until vegetables are cooked through and fork tender.
- To serve, place a serving on a plate and sprinkle with fresh parsley and Romano cheese if desired.
Golden Beets Stir Fry really turned out quite tasty. It’s a great way to make something you probably have never tried before.
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!