Gluten Free Living – 2014
Avocado Black Bean Dip is one awesome dip! I mean it is so incredible I could have eaten the whole bowl by myself! It’s filled with avocados, corn, black beans, diced red onion, cilantro and extra hot Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies. Fresh lime juice is drizzled over the whole for the most scrumptious dip I have ever tasted. Serve the dip by dipping Fritos scoop corn chips into the dip. One bite and I was seriously salivating. Yeah!
Back before Christmas one of the gals in our Sunday school class had everyone over for a Tex-Mex get-together and she made up a batch of this fabulous dip. I absolutely loved it. Then about a month ago we had them and several other families over for lunch one Sunday after church and she brought it again. Wow. I knew when we were having our Stack A Taco Nite party that I would have to make up a batch of Avocado and Black Bean Dip. Many in our Sunday school class have already tasted this amazing dip so they ate it up rather quickly! I ate almost a cup of it before bringing it to the potluck.
One of the nice things about this recipe is it’s clean, healthy, low calorie, vegan and gluten free. If you skip the Fritos, it is extremely healthy. This recipe only takes about 10 minutes to whip up. On top of that, it’s one of the most spectacular tasting dip recipes you’ll ever taste. As you can tell, I LOVED this recipe. If you’re looking for an amazing dip recipe for tailgating parties, backyard barbecues, potlucks or other get-togethers, then give Avocado Black Bean Dip a try. You will soon be licking your chops just like I did. 🙂
Avocado Black Bean Dip is one awesome dip.
Drizzling lime juice over top of the salad provides the perfect flavor.
We serve Avocado Black Bean Dip with Fritos scoops corn chips.
This is one of the best Tex-Mex dips I’ve ever eaten.
Here’s what I did.
These are the ingredients I used for Avocado Black Bean Dip.
Drain one of the cans of tomatoes. Pour tomatoes into a large mixing bowl. Rinse and drain whole kernel corn and black beans and add to the tomatoes in bowl.
Add diced red onions, chopped cilantro and avocados to mixing bowl. Drizzle lime juice over top of the avocado.
Stir all ingredients to combine.
Serve Avocado Black Bean Dip with Fritos scoop-style corn chips.
The cilantro adds such a wonderful flavor to this Tex-Mex dip.
Avocado Black Bean Dip is a great dip to prepare for tailgating parties.
Here’s the recipe.
AVOCADO BLACK BEAN DIP
(Recipe from Shelby Etter, Ovilla Road Baptist Church, Ovilla, TX)
- 2 15-oz. cans extra hot Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies (drain only one can)
- 1 16-oz. can whole kernel corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 16-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red onion, chopped (I used ½ cup, but ¾ cup would add more heat)
- 1 large ripe avocado, chopped (choose a firm avocado or an overripe avocado will get mushy)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice from one large lime
- Fritos scoops corn chips
- Drain one of the cans of tomatoes.
- Place tomatoes, corn, black beans, and onion into a serving bowl.
- Chop avocado and cilantro and add to other veggies in bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of one lime over top of the avocado in the bowl.
- Stir ingredients to combine.
- Chill before serving.
- To serve, use Fritos to scoop dip out of bowl.
Avocado Black Bean dip is healthy, low calorie, gluten free and vegan!
These are wonderful with Fritos, but you could also use tortilla chips.
Every mouthful of this appetizing dip is sensational.
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!